Re: [xep-support] Trouble with conditionality on multi-column output

From: Alexander Peshkov <peshkov@renderx.com>
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 07:59:09 PST

Hello Paul,

I believe that behavior you observe is the one prescribed by XSL-FO
specification.

XSL-FO spec states that 'conditionality' controls whether a
space-specifier has effect at the beginning or end of a
reference-area.
In the Section 5.6 specification says that:

XSL-FO> The is-reference-area trait is set to "true" for the following
XSL-FO> formatting objects: "simple-page-master", "title",
XSL-FO> "region-body", "region-before","region-after", "region-start",
XSL-FO> "region-end", "block-container", "inline-container", "table",
XSL-FO> "table-caption", and "table-cell". For all other formatting
XSL-FO> objects it is set to "false".

That is nor fo:block with span="all" neither the following fo:block
has 'is-reference-area' trait set to 'true' and thus space-before
is unconditional and should be retained.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
RenderX