From: Alexander Peshkov (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 03:07:00 PDT
The line '/BaseFont/GFEDCB+TimesNewRomanPSMT' is a correct one, prefix
"GFEDCB+" appears when the font is subsetted.
The PDF you send us is broken in a curious way - embedded font subset
has zero length. I believe this can happen only in one case: if font
file was accessible to formatter at the initial stage (when font
metrics are parsed) but at the subsetting step it wasn't accessible
anymore. In this case formatter will throw an exception, but if you
have null ErrorHandler set when this exception will be ignored and
you'll get broken PDF. So the questions are:
1. Are you setting empty ErorrLogger? If not - was there any error
messages produced by XEP?
2. Is it possible that access to font files is somehow unstable? Are
you using NFS? In this case it could be some temporal connectivity
Alexander Peshkov mailto:email@example.com
WD> When running XEP in Weblogic I have a strange problem that occurs
WD> now and then and only the first time after a restart of the
WD> application server.
WD> The problem is the name of the fonts in the PDF file. I see lines like
WD> instead of
WD> The fonts are TTF fonts which are embedded using subsetting like this:
WD> <font name="TimesNewRomanPSMT"
WD> <alias name="Serif" font="TimesNewRomanPSMT"/>
WD> The document instance uses "serif" as the font family name.
WD> On the command-line this can't be reproduced, so it is not going to be
WD> possible for you to test it. I ask it anyway in case it reminds you of
WD> anything, perhaps in the area of XEP initialisation.
WD> I have also sent you the resulting PDF file off-list.
(*) To unsubscribe, send a message with words 'unsubscribe xep-support'
in the body of the message to firstname.lastname@example.org from the address
you are subscribed from.
(*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Fri Aug 20 2004 - 03:24:04 PDT