Re: Re[2]: [xep-support] Adobe SVG

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 07:42:37 PDT

    James,

    your problem is not related to SVG, but rather to limitations in PNG support in XEP.
    The file that you get from Illustrator contains >150 Kb of proprietary Adobe stuff
    (non-SVG), plus a raster image in PNG, embedded using 'data:' URI scheme.

    I attach the PNG image that I extracted. (It is only 3.4 Kb when decoded, and is the
    only meaningful contents of the 190+ Kb SVG file. I wonder why do you need all this
    SVG dressing at all?)

    The PNG image uses a transparent background. Unfortunately, PNG transparency
    support in XEP is limited: see http://xep.xattic.com/xep/doc/spec.html#PNG
    for details: we can only map one color as transparent. Your file uses more
    transparent colors, and one of them happens to be black; XEP draws it
    as opaque, producing the effect you witness.

    Right now, the only feasible way to work around this issue consists in using opaque
    PNG with white background.

    Best regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev
    RenderX