Re[2]: [xep-support] vertical spacing supported?

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 02:07:50 PDT

    Hello Oliver,

    Actually, suggested approach wont work. If you specify:
      space-after.optimum=" ... your optimal distance ..."
      space-after.maximum="20cm"
    XEP will always use optimum space-after. It just have no reasons to
    stretch it. In order to make it work there should be some special
    directive that tells formatter to reconsider page-layout and change
    spacing if there is an empty space available at the end of the page.
    However there is no such means in XSL-FO and we don't have immediate
    plans regarding such an extension.
    You may want to send your request regarding vertical justification to
    the XSL-FO working group.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX