Re: [xep-support] vertical spacing supported?

From: Oliver Becker (obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 03:02:21 PDT

    On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 01:07:50PM +0400, Alexander Peshkov wrote:

    > Actually, suggested approach wont work. If you specify:
    > space-after.optimum=" ... your optimal distance ..."
    > space-after.maximum="20cm"
    > XEP will always use optimum space-after. It just have no reasons to
    > stretch it. In order to make it work there should be some special
    > directive that tells formatter to reconsider page-layout and change
    > spacing if there is an empty space available at the end of the page.

    I am puzzled. I always thought of the these minimum and maximum
    values as FO equivalents for TeX values like "5pt minus 1pt plus 2pt".
    I was wrong.
    Sorry Maximilian,
    Oliver

    |  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
    |  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
    |  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |