Re: [xep-support] XEP with Arabic Typesetting font

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 07:28:26 PST

    Mete,

    > How can we make XEP use the Office 2003
    > Uniscribe instead of the default Windows XP Uniscribe?

    XEP is a Java application. It does not use platform-dependent API.
    Uniscribe is a Win32 API for multilingual writing; XEP has no
    access to it.

    The current support for Arabic in XEP is described in the
    documentation: http://xep.xattic.com/xep/doc/spec.html#Right-to-Left.
    We cover basic features, but not complex ones: there is no
    contextual selection of digit shapes, and no processing for complex
    ligatures (only lam-alef ligatures are inserted).

    Which particular features of "Arabic Typesetting" font are you
    interested in?

    Regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev
    RenderX