Re: [xep-support] Passing param values from command line

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 06:32:42 PST

    Hi Geurt,

    > I invoke XEP with a batchfile that uses the supplied transform.bat file:
    > C:\XEP\transform.bat -xml C:\XEP\Projects\MyProject\source\source.xml -xsl
    > C:\XEP\Projects\MyProject\Stylesheets\MyStylesheet.xsl -out
    > C:\XEP\Projects\ MyProject\PDF\MyResult.pdf -format PDF
    >
    > Now I like to know how to change a stylesheet param by specifying
    > its value in the batchfile.

    You can specify transformation parameters directly on the command
    line, as a name=value pairs:

    transform.bat -xml source.xml
                   -xsl MyStylesheet.xsl
                   -out MyResult.pdf
                   "volume=18"
                   "volume.number=1"
                   "volume.year=2002"

    Note the quotes around parameters. They are required by Windows:
    without them, command processor splits argumemts by the '=' sign.

    Regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev