Re: [xep-support] @merge-sequential-page-numbers in FO 1.1 Indexes is not working

From: Michael Sulyaev <msulyaev@renderx.com>
Date: Fri May 14 2010 - 01:31:01 PDT

On 05/12/2010 11:33 PM, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> I was quite surprised that XEP 4.18 still doesn't support this XSL 1.1
> facility when the same functionality was always available in rx:
> namespace. I made some investigation and found that there is typo in
> xsl11-to-rx.xsl stylesheet which makes translation from XSL 1.1 to rx:
> constructs. I have attached updated stylesheet, I hope it will find way
> into a next release.

Thank you, Jirka,

Indeed, this is a typo and a result of insufficient testing. I am also
surprised by the fact that this issue has only been discovered now,
after about four years since this stylesheet has been added to XEP.
Nobody using FO indexes with XEP?

As for including the patch (thanks for debugging!) to the next release,
I should say that we are making an attempt to rewrite this "FO->RX"
functionality in Java for performance and lower memory requirements. If
we succeed, the next release will not contain this stylesheet at all.

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev