Re: [xep-support] @merge-sequential-page-numbers in FO 1.1 Indexes is not working

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Wed May 12 2010 - 12:33:58 PDT

G. Ken Holman wrote:
> And it doesn't work either, but I'm quite confident it should be working.
>
> Looking at: http://www.renderx.com/reference.html#XslFoConformance I do
> not see merge-sequential-page-numbers= on the unsupported list ... so,
> yes, I think there is a problem with XEP in this area, and not your code.

I was quite surprised that XEP 4.18 still doesn't support this XSL 1.1
facility when the same functionality was always available in rx:
namespace. I made some investigation and found that there is typo in
xsl11-to-rx.xsl stylesheet which makes translation from XSL 1.1 to rx:
constructs. I have attached updated stylesheet, I hope it will find way
into a next release.

If you need this functionality now you can replace corresponding file
inside xep.jar with this file (however this is technical solution, you
might be breaking XEP licence by doing this -- IANAL).

Hope that helps,

                        Jirka