Re: [xep-support] @merge-sequential-page-numbers in FO 1.1 Indexes is not working

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Fri May 14 2010 - 05:19:56 PDT

Michael Sulyaev wrote:

> Indeed, this is a typo and a result of insufficient testing. I am also
> surprised by the fact that this issue has only been discovered now,
> after about four years since this stylesheet has been added to XEP.
> Nobody using FO indexes with XEP?

I think that reason is that many people are relying on code which was
developed prior XSL-FO 1.1 and which uses rx: extensions to do the job.

For example DocBook XSL stylesheets are still doing this. I plan to
rewrite DocBook FO styleheets to XSLT 2.0 this summer and I plan to rely
on XSL-FO 1.1 there as much as possible. That should result in more
testing done ;-)

> As for including the patch (thanks for debugging!) to the next release,
> I should say that we are making an attempt to rewrite this "FO->RX"
> functionality in Java for performance and lower memory requirements. If
> we succeed, the next release will not contain this stylesheet at all.

Great, thanks for info.

                                Jirka