Re: [xep-support] A table with 2 columns that flow

From: Michael Sulyaev <msulyaev@renderx.com>
Date: Tue Sep 01 2009 - 13:54:38 PDT

Harvey, Paul wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Kevin. Not terribly clear was I?!

Hello Paul,

For a particular document you may always fake the desired behavior. For
the generic case XSL 1.0 provides no means. XSL 1.1 flow maps may or may
not help (the position of the table would be fixed on the page), and XEP
does not support this feature.

However, I am also uncertain about what your generic case is. What would
you expect to happen if the table contains too much content to fit in a
page column? What would break-before="column" and break-before="page"
mean if met inside the table? What would keep constraints do if set
across 'table' boundaries? This all is out of scope of both XSL 1.0 and
XSL 1.1.

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev