RE: [xep-support] A table with 2 columns that flow

From: Harvey, Paul <Paul_Harvey@omb.eop.gov>
Date: Tue Sep 01 2009 - 12:43:04 PDT

Thanks for your reply Kevin. Not terribly clear was I?!

We produce a two-column document for our client, and in many places in the document we have tables show up in the regular flow. Text flows just fine from one column to another at the page level.
They now want one of the tables itself to have two columns, where text flows from the first column unto the second. I suppose you could think of it as a "mini-page" within a column of the main page.

Something like...

Page:
| column one | column 2 |
| | |
| | |
| | Table: |
| | ----------------- |
| | | col1 | col2 ||
| | | | ||
| | | | ||
| | | | ||
| | | | ||
| | | | ||
| | | | ||
| | ----------------- |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |

So text flows from the page's column 1 into column 2, and similarly they want text to flow from the _table's_ col1 into its col2.

Does that make better sense?

Thanks so much,

Paul