RE: [xep-support] XEP Intermediate Output

From: Simon Dingle <sdingle@limehousesoftware.co.uk>
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 08:04:29 PDT

Hi,

It's not the .fo file I am after, it's the XEP Output format xml.

Our java code to render the pdf looks something like this:-

            Properties properties = new java.util.Properties();

            properties.setProperty(CONFIG, PropertiesUtil.getProperty("xep.path"));

            properties.setProperty(VALIDATE, PropertiesUtil.getProperty("xep.validation"));

            FormatterImpl formatter = new FormatterImpl(properties);

            reader = new InputStreamReader(new FileInputStream(foFile), DOMAssistant.DOMEncoding);

            stream = new FileOutputStream(pdfFile);

            // Render the FO document to the target PDF file

            //

            XEPLogger xepLogger = new XEPLogger();

            FOTransformer foTransformer = new FOTransformer(formatter, xepLogger);

            foTransformer.transform(new StreamSource(reader), new FOTarget(stream, "PDF"));

By amending the last line to end new FOTarget(stream, "XEP")) I am able to produce the XEP Output xml but I don't know if there is a better way of going about this.

We want to then manipulate this xml and send it back to xep to produce a pdf.

I found a similar post http://services.renderx.com/lists/xep-support/3049.html

I have requested a copy of the DevKit, hopefully all of my questions will be answered in there?

We want to be able to mark the first and last elements in a page with our own ids so that in the XEP Output xml they have our ids.

e.g. <xep:text value="Our City Today" x="99213" y="704299" width="100800" id="myId"/>

Is there an easy way of doing this?

Regs,

Simon