Re: [xep-support] Embedded SVG Error

From: Eliot Kimber <>
Date: Fri May 23 2008 - 12:03:10 PDT

On 5/23/08 12:17 PM, "Betty Harvey" <> wrote:

> Thanks Dave!
> I am very happy now that it is working. I actually like the external
> jpg solution better than the embedded image. I also got the embedded
> image to work.
> I had saved a file from InDesign in SVG and it embedded the image
> with just 'data:'. I assume it was a jpg file so I changed the
> mime type to jpg. While playing around with SVG in various tools,
> InkScape, Visio, etc. When I save the file as SVG from Visio I saw
> it was using PNG. I changed the mime type to PNG in the original
> file a voila - it worked.
> However I still like the external JPG solution because it makes my
> XSLT a lot smaller. Every part, chapter, section, subsection, etc.
> has a unique graphic and the numbering gets embedded in the graphic.

Wouldn't it be easier to use stacked block-containers to overlay the text on
the graphic? That's the technique I've used in the past.

Or do you need the graphic with numbers in non-FO contexts?

Eliot Kimber
Senior Solutions Architect
Main: 610.631.6770
in the body of the message to from the address
you are subscribed from.