Re: [xep-support] Embedded SVG Error

From: Betty Harvey <harvey@eccnet.com>
Date: Fri May 23 2008 - 10:17:11 PDT

Thanks Dave!

I am very happy now that it is working. I actually like the external
jpg solution better than the embedded image. I also got the embedded
image to work.

I had saved a file from InDesign in SVG and it embedded the image
with just 'data:'. I assume it was a jpg file so I changed the
mime type to jpg. While playing around with SVG in various tools,
InkScape, Visio, etc. When I save the file as SVG from Visio I saw
it was using PNG. I changed the mime type to PNG in the original
file a voila - it worked.

However I still like the external JPG solution because it makes my
XSLT a lot smaller. Every part, chapter, section, subsection, etc.
has a unique graphic and the numbering gets embedded in the graphic.

Thanks again!

Betty