[xep-support] Double Page Numbering Revisited

From: Kevin Trainor <ktrainor@ligent.net>
Date: Thu Mar 30 2006 - 11:05:09 PST

Hello All,

I have an XSLT / XSL-FO application that I use to generate slides for my
courseware. When I generate the slides for a course, I use
<fo:page-number/> to number the slides consecutively. Additonally, some of
my slides make up a series that I would also like to label as [1 of 4], [2
of 4], [3 of 4], etc. So far, I have not figured out a good way to do this.
It seems to me that this would be a double page numbering scheme like the
one that was discussed on this list about a month ago. I recall that the
best advice in that thread was to do post processing on the FO output file.

Can anyone think of a way to do this with just a single pass of XSLT and
XSL-FO?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Kevin