[xep-support] embedding fonts in PDF

From: Patrick Goetz <pgoetz@internetbs.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 13:39:53 PST

Apologies if this is a naive question, but I couldn't find an answer
googling.

The publisher of our xep generated PDF book just called to say that the
Helvetica font used for line-numbering is not embedded in the pdf file,
which appears to be a problem for them.

The entire document is in Garamond save for the line numbers generated
using the ruler function, and only Helvetica is not embedded.

I'm hypothesizing that because Helvetica is one of the default afm fonts
it doesn't get embedded in PDF documents automatically? Is this correct?

In any case, can someone explain if and what I can do to force the font
to embed in the document even if it doesn't want to by default?