[xep-support] Repeating table-column value across page boundary

From: Karl Penney <karlpenney@hfx.eastlink.ca>
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 05:21:53 PST

Hi,

I have a requirement to format a 3 column table like so:

DESC PAGE DATE
xxx 1 Mar 08/06
             2 Mar 08/06
             3 Mar 08/06

If the table requires more than one page I want to repeat the value of the
DESC column at the top of the next page (and ideally add the text "cont.")
like so:

DESC PAGE DATE
xxx 51 Mar 08/06
(cont.) 52 Mar 08/06
             53 Mar 08/06

I know that XSL-FO doesn't support this kind of formatting natively. I
tried to figure something out using nested tables, but so far have not come
up with anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Karl Penney