[xep-support]

From: Stephen Carter <stephen.carter@dfafunds.com>
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 15:55:07 PST

hi renderx,

I'm contracting for a company that was expecting to use apache fop to
render their fo files into pdf. However, after looking at the fop output
I'm inclined to persuade them to try XEP which appears to produce nice
documents in the examples I've seen. Unfortunately I cannot get it
running. No one here, including myself, knows much java (we're perl
based). So here's where I'm at. The content of my xep file:

#!/bin/sh

# XEP command-line

JAVA_HOME="/usr"

XEP_HOME="/home/stephen/XEP"

#CP="$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar:\

CP="$XEP_HOME/lib/xep.jar:\

$XEP_HOME/lib/saxon.jar:\

$XEP_HOME/lib/xt.jar:\

$XEP_HOME/java/junit/junit-4.0.jar"

#"$JAVA_HOME/bin/java" \

"gij" \

        -classpath "$CP" \

        "-Dcom.renderx.xep.CONFIG=$XEP_HOME/xep.xml" \

        com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver "$@"

You'll notice that I removed the reference to java/lib/tools.jar which
we don't have installed here at present (let me know if this is an
absolutely required library).

The error I get when I type in the following command (presumably the
correct one to transform a test fo file into pdf)

./xep -fo /home/stephen/XEP/output/tiny.fo -pdf
/home/stephen/XEP/output/tiny.pdf

Is this one:

Formatter initialization failed: java.lang.RuntimeException: error
initializing ImageFactory:java.io.IOException

To rule out the possibility of this having anything to do with image
references in the file I created a cut down version of the hammer.fo
(successfully produced with saxon.jar) file and called it tiny.fo-it's
simple text without any images.

Anything obvious spring to mind here regarding that error message?

Thanks

Stephen

This message and any attachments (the "Message") may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged information and are only for their intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you should notify the sender and delete the Message. E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This Message is provided for information purposes and should not be construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or financial instruments, or to provide investment advice in any jurisdiction where the sender is not properly licensed or permitted to do so. This Message is subject to additional conditions and restrictions. Please read them here: http://legal.dimensional.com/email/