RE: [xep-support]

From: Jeff Beal (jeff.beal@ansys.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 11:50:54 PST

Thanks for that, too.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nikolai Grigoriev [mailto:grig@renderx.com]
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 2:06 PM
To: xep-support@renderx.com
Subject: Re: [xep-support]

Hi,

> This is no more a problem with version 3.1*. You may specify multiple font
> families. Just say <fo:flow font-family="Helvetica, Symbol"> and the
renderer
> will choose the correct font for you.

Just my 2 kopecks' worth added to David's answer: if you only use sporadic
Greek/math symbols from Symbol, you'd better additionally specify
font-selection-strategy="character-by-character" on fo:flow. Otherwise,
the default font selection strategy will try to continue a span using the
same font family as far as possible; it means that e.g. punctuations
following Greek characters will be picked from Symbol, not from
Helvetica. (This is often a desired effect; but hardly in your case).

Regards,

Nikolai Grigoriev