RE: [xep-support] Rookie question: full page table

From: Tomas Kolaci <kolaci@cncz.cz>
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 06:41:18 PST

> Hi Tomas,

 Hi Todd!

 Thanks for your answer!

> I've had to do some pretty funky things with tables to get cover pages
> with a desired layout, so maybe one of these techniques would work for
> you...
>
> > 2) Last row on each page should be "extended" to reach bottom
> margin of
> > body region (so the whole body region is covered by the table, see
> "figures" below).
>
> For this requirement, do your tables have borders that need to look like
> they extend to the end of the page? If not, you could place a
> break-after="page" attribute on the fo:table.

 Yes, each row has to have visible border.

> If you need the table borders (which I think you indicate in your
> figures), here's an idea (just shooting from the hip, but maybe :-)
>
> What if you detect the last row of the table being displayed (the "real"
> table), and suppress the bottom border. Then, you create a second,
> absolutely positioned table at the bottom of each page with one row (and
> one cell as in your example figures) with no content. This border-only
> table would have a bottom border and both side borders visible, but not
> the top border. You could make this table 10 inches high, so it will
> definitely extend up into the "real" table. Maybe this would give you
> the visible structure you're looking for.

 Hmm, I've got similar idea (I probably don't even have to make second
table, real table should use 100% of height and width of region-body so I
could declare visible borders to region-body) but in this scenario I'm
facing problem, how to declare "no bottom border for last row on the page" -
as I said, table goes over more pages and I need this
"row-height-justifying" on each page (not only on the last row of whole
table)...

 But wow, now I've got some idea!! :) I will declare only TOP border for the
rows and rest of borders will be added by region-body, this will do the
trick (no "real" bottom border for last row on each page). This will maybe
need some adjusting but I think I see light at the end of tunnel now :)

 Br, Tomas