[xep-support] path problems

From: Patrick Goetz <pgoetz@internetbs.com>
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 08:55:19 PST

I keep running into path problems, so question:

If I just something like:

<fo:block>
   This text includes a picture:
   <fo:external-graphic src="url('../images/smile.gif')"
                        content-height="1em"2 content-width="1em"3/>
</fo:block>

Is the image path relative to the xml file being processed, the xsl file
doing the processing, or something else? Further, I've noticed that the
behavior seems to be different on linux and Windows; using XEP
Assistant, some path constructs simply won't work in Windows. For
example, Xep Assistant dies if the stylesheet and DTD are in a
sub-folder of the folder containing the XML file to be processed DESPITE
the fact that no validating XML editor has a problem loading the XML
file under the same directory regime.