Re: [xep-support] XEP not reading EPS graphics

From: Michael Sulyaev <msulyaev@renderx.com>
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 09:22:27 PDT

Hello, Balazs,

Do not remove embedded TIFF file from EPS file. These embedded bitmaps
are what XEP reads from EPS and puts to PDF. XEP does not _create_
bitmaps out of EPS.

The Reference states ("5.2.3. EPS",
http://www.renderx.net/Content/support/xep/reference.html#EPS):
        "EPS images are supported in PostScript generator only. In the PDF
generation module, they are replaced by a bitmap preview image (EPSI or
TIFF) if available; otherwise, the correspondent area is left blank."

  Michael Sulyaev	mailto:msulyaev@renderx.com
RenderX.