Re: [xep-support] Performance and synchronization: debugging XEP version?

From: David Tolpin <dvd@davidashen.net>
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 12:19:28 PDT

On 22.04.2005, at 23:23, Irv Salisbury III wrote:

> I am not using En Masse. I am using straight up XEP. It definitely
> is in the XEP code. (As can be expected from your previous emails) I
> wrote a load balancer specific to our app and it now scales linearly.
> (With XEP in only one thread per VM)
>
> Try testing with straight up XEP and you will see the contention. On
> solaris, you can actually use a status tool to see the contention.

Irv,

the Integration and Connectivity Kit includes a version of xep.jar with
debugging information turned on. A part of the debugger is a static
logger which synchronized methods. Are you using by any chance the jar
from the Kit?

The production jar is the same in all the functionality except that it
does not print full stack traces and does not have that static
synchronized logger which is the only possible cause for contention you
are mentioning.

David