[xep-support] Behavior of side floats does not appear to be correct

From: W. Eliot Kimber <ekimber@innodata-isogen.com>
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 17:34:31 PST

If I have two end-side floats within a sequence of blocks such that the
second float specifies clear="both" and the vertical extent of the
normal block contents is greater than the vertical depth of both floats,
the two floats should be placed immediately one below the other, with
the block contents intruded into, regardless of how the flowed content
is organized into blocks.

However, I am not seeing this behavior. The behavior I get is that the
second block, which occurs in the FO source immediately following the
first float, is presented after the first float but positioned all the
way to the start edge of the page and does not intrude into any text.

This has to be a bug because in the absence of clear="" on any of the
blocks, the side floats should intrude into any flowed content they
encounter.

In addition, an end float just always be positioned as close to the end
edge as possible.

Cheers,

E.

--