[xep-support] Bug with rotated block containers in edge region?

From: W. Eliot Kimber <ekimber@innodata-isogen.com>
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 16:19:02 PST

Using the latest 4.1 version, I have this static content definition:

   <fo:static-content flow-name="region-end-first">
     <fo:block-container
         reference-orientation="90"
         inline-progression-dimension="25pc"
         block-progression-dimension="100%"
         background-color="pink"

       <fo:block
           font-size="67.5pt"
           line-height="120%"
>CHAPTER</fo:block>
     </fo:block-container>
     <fo:block>More content</fo:block>
   </fo:static-content>

My page layout is:

- region-body has an 11pc right margin
- region-start has an extent of 9pc

What I'm seeing is that the block container and edge region are where I
expect them to be, but that the text "CHAPTER" is rendered such that the
before edge of the (rotated) text is up against the end edge of the
region-body.

However, if I reset the line height to be the same as the font size
(e.g., 67.5pt), then the before edge of the text is just inside the
before edge of the block container.

It cannot be correct for the content of the block container to be
rendered outside of the block container since it creates a fence and a
reference area.

Obviously I can work around this by doing what I did, but I would not
have expected the original behavior.

Cheers,

E.

--