[xep-support] Cyberbit font and XEP_384 incompatible (was: Error: missing XSLDriver)

From: Nick Hunt (nick@magmouse.co.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 01:00:04 PDT

    Hi Alexander,

    Thanks for the response. I tracked it down to a second (out of date)
    shellscript in another bin directory that was being called instead of
    the one I _thought_ was being called. Fixed now.

    However, I am now getting an error:

    [error] java.io.EOFException

    This is an incompatibility between the font Cyberbit.ttf and XEP_384.
    That is, if I use XEP_374, then all is well. If I use a different font
    (by pointing my font definition in fonts.xml to a different font file),
    then all is well too.

    Any thoughts on a work-round for this, other than not using Cyberbit?
    If I have to change fonts, can you suggest a source for an open-source
    Unicode Japanese font?

    Best wishes,

    Nick.