Re: [xep-support] Computer Modern Fonts in XEP

From: Joern Clausen (joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 08:42:25 PDT

    On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 03:14:52PM +0200, rondeelvantrigt wrote:
    > I'd like to use the (TeX) Computer Modern font within XEP so that PDF pages
    > rendered by XEP look identical to those rendered by LaTeX. I've added the
    [...]
    > I've run some tests rendering PDF, and this works OK except for the special
    > characters such as the uacute, trademark symbol, copyrights symbol, etc. The
    > Greek characters (e.g. Greek capital letter Theta Θ) come through all
    > right.

    Computer Modern does not contain umlauts, accents and similar
    characters. TeX produces them by combining several glyphs. Unless XEP
    does something similar, you won't be able to print them. You might try
    the Latin Modern fonts which contain these characters as first class
    citizens:

       CTAN://fonts/lm/

    --
     Joern Clausen                                joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE