Re: [xep-support] Computer Modern Fonts in XEP

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 07:27:02 PDT

    Hello Els,

    TeX fonts tend to use their own conventions for glyph naming.
    Therefore in order to make them available for XEP you need a custom
    glyph list that maps glyph names to Unicode codepoints. This
    feature is described in our documentation, take a look at
    http://xep.xattic.com/xep/doc/userguide.html#PS_Fonts_Unicode.
    XEP distribution includes a sample glyph list for OmegaSerifIPA font.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX

    r> I'd like to use the (TeX) Computer Modern font within XEP so that PDF pages
    r> rendered by XEP look identical to those rendered by LaTeX. I've added the
    r> following to the xep\etc\fonts.xml file:

    r> <font name="cmr10"
    r> afm="..\afm\cm\cmr10.afm"
    r> pfb="..\pfb\cm\cmr10.pfb"
    r> embed="true"
    r> subset="true">
    r> <alias name="Computer Modern"/>
    r> </font>

    r> and so on, for the bold, italic and sansserif fonts.
    r> To the afm directory I added the .afm and .pfb files for the CM fonts.
    r> I've run some tests rendering PDF, and this works OK except for the special
    r> characters such as the uacute, trademark symbol, copyrights symbol, etc. The
    r> Greek characters (e.g. Greek capital letter Theta &#920;) come through all
    r> right.
    r> How can I render the other special characters properly?
    r> Who has dealt with this before and can point me into the right direction?

    r> Thanks!
    r> Els

    r> ---
    r> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
    r> Version: 6.0.648 / Virus Database: 415 - Release Date: 31-3-2004

    r> (*) To unsubscribe, send a message with words 'unsubscribe xep-support'
    r> in the body of the message to majordomo@renderx.com from the address
    r> you are subscribed from.
    r> (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html