[xep-support] Computer Modern Fonts in XEP

From: rondeelvantrigt (rondeelvantrigt@matterhorn.demon.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 06:14:52 PDT

    I'd like to use the (TeX) Computer Modern font within XEP so that PDF pages
    rendered by XEP look identical to those rendered by LaTeX. I've added the
    following to the xep\etc\fonts.xml file:

             afm="..\afm\cm\cmr10.afm"
             pfb="..\pfb\cm\cmr10.pfb"
             embed="true"
             subset="true">
          <alias name="Computer Modern"/>

    and so on, for the bold, italic and sansserif fonts.
    To the afm directory I added the .afm and .pfb files for the CM fonts.
    I've run some tests rendering PDF, and this works OK except for the special
    characters such as the uacute, trademark symbol, copyrights symbol, etc. The
    Greek characters (e.g. Greek capital letter Theta &#920;) come through all
    right.
    How can I render the other special characters properly?
    Who has dealt with this before and can point me into the right direction?

    Thanks!
    Els

    ---