Re: [xep-support] the order of the conditional-page-master-reference

From: G. Ken Holman (gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 04:51:47 PST

    At 2004-03-29 14:25 +0200, Marc wrote:
    >I found a problem with the fo:conditional-page-master-reference, it's
    >about the order of the element when there is a page-postion attribute.

    No problem from what I see ... a processor looks at a given set of
    conditional page master references in document order of the stylesheet and
    the first one to test true (not "the most specific one") is the one that is
    to be used.

    In your example, you ordered less-specific choices first so they tested
    true before the processor had a chance to test the more-specific
    choices. The rule of thumb is to order more-specific choices earlier in
    the testing list so that they are regarded before those tests that test
    true more easily.

    I hope this helps.

    Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
    Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/bc