Re: [xep-support] Strange error message

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 01:02:12 PST

    Jirka,

    > {!: Broken page dictionary [{8 R} {10 R} {12 R} {14 R} {16 R} ]}
    >
    > In resulting PDF some pages are corrupt (AR doesn't show them
    > and signals error).

    This error comes from the PDF parser, invoked when embedding
    a PDF image or performing linearization. As a first step, try to
    turn linearization off and see if it helps.

    In either case, I would like to have a sample off-list: a PDF image
    that refuses to be embedded, or an XSL-FO file that does not linearize
    properly.

    (One typical reason for these messages is with PDF images mutilated
    by LF/CR-LF transformations. Unlike Adobe Acrobat, XEP has no
    facilities to repair corrupted PDFs)

    Regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev