[xep-support] Tip for a new feature

From: Jirka Kosek (jirka@kosek.cz)
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 12:12:06 PST

    Hi,

    I'm now trying to typesset some older TeX document with XEP while
    retaining as much features as possible. I'm almost sucessful, but I'm
    still unable to simulate \midinsert in FO. \midinsert is actually very
    similar to

    <fo:float float="before">
    </fo:float>

    with the exception that in the case there is enough room on the current
    page, object is placed exactly at the place of fo:float and it is not
    moved to the beginning of following page. AFAIK this is not possible
    with XSL-FO. Will it be hard to add support for this into XEP? New value
    for float attribute can be something like "conditional-before".

                                    Jirka