Re: [xep-support] float overlap

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 02:05:32 PST

    Hello Steve,

    I don't think I quite understand what do you mean by 'compensate' in
    this case. However I should note that overlap you observe appears due
    to the 'width' specified on the fo:block. This attribute is not
    supposed to be applicable to the fo:block element and thus must be
    treated as an error in the XSL FO source, but XEP still applies it. To
    achieve sane appearance of the document you just have to fix your XSL
    FO source - move 'width' from fo:block to surrounding fo:table-cell.
    I think we should have disabled use of the 'width' property on
    fo:block before. Thanks for bringing this problem into light.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX