Re[2]: [xep-support] Repeating table headers/3.7

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 01:35:49 PST

    Hello Ronald,

    WR> Thank you!

    WR> BTW, we greatly appreciate that repeating headers have now been implemented
    WR> as we are just getting into a project phase that is heavy on tables.

    WR> As an adjunct issue, I noticed that currently table layout is fixed (listed
    WR> in the non-compliance section of your documentation). After some
    WR> experimentation it would appear that this means that table width is equally
    WR> distributed between all columns that do not have explicit widths. Is this
    WR> correct?

    Table width left after placing of all columns with explicit width is
    distributed between the columns with missing width specifier as if
    they have width="proportional-column-width(1)".

    WR> Do you have any idea when you might implement table-layout="auto"? From the
    WR> spec this seems to imply implementing some sort of table layout optimization
    WR> algorithm, but no specific one is mandated.

    We do plan to implement it in the future, but its not going to happen
    soon.

    WR> -Ronald S. Wood.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com