Re: [xep-support] Colour spaces with XEP?

From: Andrzej Jan Taramina (andrzej@chaeron.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 16:01:06 PST

    Nikolai:

    > Well, you cannot according to JFIF spec; yet there is some obscure JPEG
    > variation that PhotoShop produces. Since both PDF and PostScript are
    > also Adobe's, you can embed the resulting stream to a PDF or PostScript
    > file, and it works :-).

    That explains why I didn't think JPEG's could be encoded with CMYK and
    provides a good reason for us to stick with TIFF's for our application,
    rather than rely on an "undocumented" Adobe extension to JPEG's.

    Thanks for the heads up....might save me some grief down the road.

    Andrzej Jan Taramina
    http://www.chaeron.com