RE: [xep-support] Rendering DocBook sets as multiple documents

From: Kevin Yank (kevin@sitepoint.com)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 16:02:44 PDT

    What I'm seeing when I open the file is that there is megabytes of image
    data at the start of the file before the page layout actually begins. The
    book has a healthy number of figures in it, you see. If I were to hand-split
    the file, I'd end up with vast quantities of unused image data in each
    resulting document. Now, I assume this won't do any harm to the printed
    output, but it'll mean pushing around some unnecessarily large files.

    Thanks for the instructions anyway -- if I'm in a hurry or if I can't find a
    tool that manipulates the Postscript cleanly, it's good to have a simple
    option.

    Kevin Yank
    Technical Business Director
    SitePoint.com - Master the Web!