Re: [xep-support] Changing font in the intermediate XEP-file

From: David Tolpin (dvd@renderx.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 05:35:59 PDT

    Joakim,

    thank you for the input. XEP output was intended for interfacing between
    the kernel and the output producers and didn't include any commands that
    weren't required for that purpose.

    We'll add save and restore commands in a future release.

    In the meantime, as a quick fix, do the following:

    <xep:clip x-from="0" y-from="0" x-till="1000000" y-till="1000000"> <!-- big enough to cover the whole page -->

     <xep:font name="Times-Roman" size="4000"/>
     <xep:text value="new text"/>

    </xep:clip>

    Clip issues grestore/gsave commands in both PDF and Postscript backend,
    thus should work for your purpose.

    David