Re: [xep-support] Using Computer Modern Type 1 fonts

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 03:17:17 PST

    Hi Paul,

    > cmr10 seems to get embedded in the resulting PS, but the text
    > itself doesn't use the font -- in fact, it comes out as Courier.
    >
    > I suspect I'm not naming things correctly. Can anyone help me
    > to use the Computer Modern font?

    the problem is as follows: for Computer Modern fonts, names in AFM
    and in PFB differ in case. The font is named "cmr10" in cmr10.afm -
    but cmr10.pfb has "CMR10". (Strictly speaking, this is an error in the
    font). This problem manifests in PostScript only; PDF uses a different
    mechanism to bind font names to outlines.

    To fix, specify <font name="CMR10" ...> (all uppercase) in fonts.xml.

    Best regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev