[xep-support] 1. unicode characters (eg arrow up) 2. line-height

From: Tobias Reif (tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 15:17:54 PST

    (xep317_trial on Windows)

    Hi

    1. special characters: arrow up etc

    In the DocBook source, I have

       instead of ↑

    and in the FO, there is

       instead of ?

    which is all peachy.
    (... if the above code snippets weren't garbled by the mail agents and
    servers)

    But in the PDF generated by XEP, the arrow does not appear:
    http://www.pinkjuice.com/temp/xep/line-height_arrow.png

    My browsers display the arrow just fine (in the XHTML version), which
    means that I have at least one font which has the required glyph.
    In fact, all arrows at
    http://www.pinkjuice.com/characters/?range_start=8592&range_stop=8595
    are displayed.
    I'd be happy if XEP would automatically find these fonts/glyphs, just as
    the browsers do.

    2. line height

    When there is superscript stuff, eg for footnotes, I get uneven line
    heights:
    http://www.pinkjuice.com/temp/xep/line-height_arrow.png
    Is this an issue of XEP or should it be resolved by changing the FO
    generation?

    TIA,

    Tobi

    --