Re: side floats [was: RE: [xep-support] Projection on Limitation on B efore Floats?]

From: W. Eliot Kimber (eliot@isogen.com)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 07:03:23 PST

MAISONNY Benoit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a similar question about side floats. I use the following code
> to put an arrow in the margin, but the arrow appears below the line
> where the float is defined:
>
> Sample:
>
> some text <fo:float float="start" start-indent="-5mm"><fo:block
> font-family="Symbol">&#x2190;</fo:block></fo:float>more text

I tried several variants of this sample and couldn't get the symbol to
go anywhere but on the second line of the block unless the float
was the first inline in the block. didn't see anything in the discussion
of side float placement that directly addressed this, but it could be a
subtle rule. I tried using XSL Formatter and got the same results as
with XEP.

Cheers,

Eliot

--