RE: [xep-support] scale-when-image-is-too-big

From: Matthias.Belz@Springer.de
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 08:26:54 PDT

Hi,

I handle this problem as follows: Before calling XEP, I call a
little Perl script that uses Image Alchemy to determine the
dimensions (in pixel) and resolution of each image file. Based
on this, the script calculates the width and height (in cm) of
each graphic and stores the result in an xml-file.

For each graphic, my stylesheet reads the graphic width and height
from this xml-file and compares it with the print area width and
height. If the image exceeds the print area, the stylesheet computes
a scale factor for width and height and uses the lesser of these
values for both content-width and content-height.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Matthias