[xep-support] Issue installing WinXEP on Windows 10

From: Darren Munt <darrenm_at_ADDRESS_REMOVED>
Date: Sun May 19 2024 - 19:25:52 PDT

I am attempting to install WinXEP on a new development machine. I have installed a version from 2016 (I think). Setup file version is 11.50.0.42619. This is working fine.

However when I install a more recent version from the XEPWin.msi dated 13/12/2019, the Cliser service can no longer be found. The install works fine, the Cliser service starts and there are no errors in the Cliser log, but the .Net client reports 'Unable to connect to [machine-name]:6570 CLISER server'.

I have opened ports 6570, 6571, and 6997. Given it works fine with the earlier version, what else might be stopping it from connecting?