[xep-support] Re: Make a column header span columns 2 and 3

From: Kevin Brown <kevin_at_ADDRESS_REMOVED>
Date: Tue Dec 04 2018 - 11:02:26 PST

You can't format that, not directly because you have not specified whether
you believe the content from column one flows into the column/two+three
structure.

Span="all" must be on an object that is a child of flow and only supports
"all" (or none, meaning no span).

If the left column in your example does not, then you can take that
"out-of-flow" using an absolute block-container or placing it in a region
and setting up the page as a two-column flow.