[xep-support] Table Width Problem

From: <uwe.goersch_at_ADDRESS_REMOVED>
Date: Sun Aug 07 2016 - 09:24:57 PDT

Dear RenderX Support,

We encounter the following situation:

· We render input XML documents to PDF, the page format is A4 portrait and the available width is reduced by several margins that must be provided.

· The input XML documents contain (CALS) tables, some of which have a large width so that such tables cannot be rendered in a readable way without an appropriate action like reducing the font size or even rotating the table.

· We cannot calculate the table width from the input documents reliably because proportional column width is being used so that we do not know which table requires an appropriate action and we cannot apply the action to all tables.

What are the best practices to solve such a problem? Thank you very much in advance for your support!

Best regards,
Uwe Goersch
________________________________
Uwe Görsch
Senior Consultant Technical Documentation

Lufthansa Industry Solutions BS GmbH
HAM AB/M-D
Sportallee 54 a
D-22335 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 40 5070 1938
Mobile: +49 151 5892 2594
Fax: +49 40 5070 4611
SIP: mailto:U405042@dlh.de
E-Mail: uwe.goersch@lhind.dlh.de
www.lufthansa-industry-solutions.com<http://www.lufthansa-industry-solutions.com/>

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Corporate Headquarters: Lufthansa Industry Solutions BS GmbH, Raunheim, Registereintragung / Registration: Amtsgericht Darmstadt HRB 83850
Geschaeftsfuehrung / Management Board: Bernd Appel