[xep-support] Re: Creating embedded index in PDF for faster searching?

From: David Clunie <dclunie@dclunie.com>
Date: Wed May 07 2014 - 09:57:07 PDT

Hi Mark

The feature I am describing is quite distinct from the separate
"Catalog" feature that I think you are referring to, which produces
separate index files, and is not what I want at all.

Rather, I am referring to an embedded index within each PDF file.

This greatly accelerates using the Find function when an individual
PDF file is opened, as well as greatly accelerating the Search All
PDF Documents in (folder) function when a bunch of files need to
be searched, which allows the user to quickly find stuff without
having to mess with configuration of separate catalogs.

David

>>> kevin@renderx.com
>>> sales@renderx.com
>>> http://www.renderx.com