[xep-support] Re: Unable to connect to XXX:6570 CLISER server

From: Darren Munt <darrenm@ardex.com.au>
Date: Sun Jan 19 2014 - 22:22:53 PST

Kevin,

I've changed the JAVA-HOME key as follows:

    <add key="JAVA-HOME" value="c:\program files\java\jre7\"/>

This is the path to the JRE. There is also an installation on the e: drive but the above is the default registry location for JRE on this server. When I restart Cliser, there is a javaw.exe process running. If I stop Cliser it ends, so I know it is being created by Cliser starting.

There is no firewall running on this machine at all. I can telnet to localhost 6570 so it doesn't seem to be blocked.

This is the log:

==

06:03:34
Starting Cliser service ...
JAVA-HOME=c:\program files\java\jre7\
JAVA-CLASSPATH=
JAVA-OPTIONS=
XEP-LICENSE=C:\Program Files\RenderX\XEPWin\xep\license.xml
XEP-CONFIG=C:\Program Files\RenderX\XEPWin\xep\xep.xml
XEP-JAR=C:\Program Files\RenderX\XEPWin\xep\lib\xep.jar
CLISER-JAR=C:\Program Files\RenderX\XEPWin\xep\lib\cliser.jar
CLISER-SERVERS=1
LOG-FILE=e:\facet\cliserservice.log
CLISER-CONTROL-PORT=6997
CLISER-PORT-RANGE=6570-6571
Calculating Cliser ports ...
Starting servers ...
Starting java: -Xrs -Dcom.renderx.xep.CONFIG="C:\Program Files\RenderX\XEPWin\xep\xep.xml" -Dcom.renderx.xep.LICENSE="C:\Program Files\RenderX\XEPWin\xep\license.xml" -cp "";"C:\Program Files\RenderX\XEPWin\xep\lib\cliser.jar";"C:\Program Files\RenderX\XEPWin\xep\lib\xep.jar" com.renderx.xepx.cliser.Engine -port 6570 -hcport 6571
Starting load balancer ...
06:04:01 Received a request: /create-formatter/
Current formatter: 0

==

Not sure what else to check. I've installed RenderX on two machines so far without great difficulty, once I sorted out the configuration file. Are there any other clues in the log?