[xep-support] Re: Superfluous errors that should be warnings for svg gradients

From: Hans-Peter Carpenter <Hans-Peter.Carpenter@redwood.com>
Date: Mon Aug 26 2013 - 00:28:20 PDT

Hi Kevin,

Please find our license and xep.xml attached. I have created an ant task to create the PDF on my system.

Note that I uploaded this license to your website to receive the new version last week - so I expect everything to be legitimate etc. We have the docbench product.

This is my ant task:

<java fork="yes" classname="com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver" failonerror="true">
          <jvmarg value="-Xmx1024m"/>
          <jvmarg value="-Dcom.renderx.xep.CONFIG=/home/hcarpenter/xep/xep.xml"/>

          <classpath>
            <pathelement path="/home/hcarpenter/xep/lib/xep.jar"/>
            <pathelement path="/home/hcarpenter/xep/lib/saxon.jar"/>
            <pathelement path="/home/hcarpenter/xep/lib/xt.jar"/>
          </classpath>
          <!-- I use quiet here to reduce the amount of output generated by xep, I only want warnings and errors
               and -valid suppresses validation, it will fail if it is invalid anyway. -->
          <arg value="-quiet"/>
          <arg value="-valid"/>
          <arg value="-fo"/>
          <arg value="/home/hcarpenter/hcarpenter/build/pdf/${jbs.doctool..internal.document}.fo"/>
          <arg value="-pdf"/>
          <arg value="/home/hcarpenter/hcarpenter/build/pdf/${jbs.doctool..internal.document}.pdf"/>
</java>

I use debian 7.1 with a 1.7 JVM on an HP Elitebook with 6Gb RAM and SSD

java version "1.7.0_25"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)

Linux nbhcarpenter 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.46-1 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I usually convert some 15 FO's to PDF's and since I use ant to convert our docbook to HTML I added a task to create the PDF.

As you see above, I hit the unexpected issue with 1.6 JVM's, adding "-valid" helped a lot.

Note that we are looking into using FOP as well, as it does handle svg gradients correctly.

I have read that the issue might be related to the order in the svg files. Could you reproduce with the SVG files I sent ? They are pretty basic ...
Do you have an xsl stylesheet that I can run over the svg's to order the XML as required ?

Regards,

HANS CARPENTER

Tech Writer

http://www.redwood.com<http://www.redwood.com/>

T: +31 30 635 4555
M: +33 601 984 203
F: +31 30 635 4550
E:hans-peter.carpenter@redwood.com

[http://www.redwood.com/signatures/i/grey_break.gif]

RunMyJobs: Process Automation in the Cloud

This message may contain confidential or legally privileged information. In the event of any error in transmission, unauthorized recipients are requested to contact the sender immediately and do not disclose or make use of this information. No warranties or assurances are made or given as to the accuracy of the information given or in relation to the safety of this e-mail and any attachments. No liability whatsoever is accepted for any consequences arising from this e-mail.