[xep-support] Re: Fwd: RE: ANNOUNCEMENT - RenderX moves to the Cloud

From: Kevin Brown <kevin@renderx.com>
Date: Sun Jun 24 2012 - 10:56:13 PDT

Stefan:

Ron is exactly correct. In fact, one of the reasons we didn't do a
development inside the RenderX engine for MathML was because of SVGMath
mentioned in Ron's writeup. We could have gone down that path, spent
significant development efforts and also would have likely needed to charge
for it. Instead, all those we pointed to this code found it totally
acceptable and it was free.

Here's a direct link to the site:

http://www.grigoriev.ru/svgmath/

You could take note to two things. First, the examples on these pages are
from RenderX output. Second, the developer of the application is Nikolai
Grigoriev. Those who have been with us some time might recognize the name as
one of our lead engineers several years ago. He built this preprocessor as a
toolchain plug-in for processing something like Docbook source.

We figured the (slight) pain to plugging in something in a processing
toolchain between FO and RenderX (to PDF) far outweighs the pain that could
be caused in someone's wallet - especially considering many would opt for a
free option.

Kevin Brown

RenderX