[xep-support] Searchable image PDFs

From: Brian Sheppard <bsheppard@library.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed May 25 2011 - 13:34:03 PDT

I'm giving this a bump, since I haven't found a solution. I'm attempting to build a PDF where the TIFF page-images are visible and the embedded OCR is not. (Though the OCR is searchable.)

I've tried including the page-image file as an external graphic, with the OCR in a hidden block (<fo:block visibility="hidden"> ... </fo:block>), but the OCR remains visible.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

-Brian